Real Friends
July 6th, 2026
"Real friends, how many of us?" - Ye
If you happen to find yourself in Guayama, Puerto Rico (it's been called the ugliest place in pr!) and you swing by the plaza on a Saturday evening, the odds are in your favor that Pentecostal preachers will be out in full glory, shouting into a cheap mic, plugged into a cheaper (but louder) speaker.
We always make sure to thank them for their faith and their work before we go elsewhere. Anyone preaching their beliefs (for the right reasons) is admirable, and we thought we had quite a friendly relationship going! We love to see interfaith relationship building around here :)
Well, a reliable source told us that when we aren't around, they tell everyone "don't talk to those white guys with the ties," and make fun of us.
In all honesty, I'm disappointed. Because that is not what Christ would do. If Jesus Christ knew I wasn't going to the "correct church" (a concept they ironically don't believe in, because they wouldn't have a leg to stand on; They just "know" the LDS church CAN'T be it), Jesus would lovingly correct me. Not mock me behind my back.
Our God is a God of order and creation. He organized the universe and everything we see is thanks to Him. The Adversary, and men following him, seek to destroy and tear down. Christ said "he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil," (3 Nephi 11:29). I still love anyone from any religion that is trying to get closer to our Lord and Savior, there is literally nothing more important you could be doing in this life. I hope other religions can have that same view someday.
In Acts 5, the apostles are brought before a council and shamed and persecuted for their beliefs. I've always really liked the last two verses, 41 and 42.
"And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name. And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ."
Luckily I am very stubborn and have determined to love them more and be even kinder to them.
"We smile at each other, but how many honest?" - Ye
Élder Smith
Comments
Post a Comment