The Bounce
I'm island hopping.
El miercoles me voy pa la islita de santa cruz (St. Criox). si quieres fotos de eso, aquí es un link
For the last 2 weeks I thought I would be going to Dominica, but I guess MP was just pranking me.
St Criox is an island with a population of about 44-50 thousand people and TWO missionaries. I will be a bit lonely. But, it is where my trainer, elder Gillins, served and I look up to him (I only say that cuz he's not on my email list) so I'm excited to follow in his footsteps.
I am a bit sad to leave Puerto Rico, because I really love this place. la verdad, pr es otra cosa. We visited Old San Juan last week and I can already picture taking my future family there someday.
I can see the future, its lookin good. Also if anyone wants to give me a job after my mission so I am able to afford visiting pr w my future wife and 11 kids, just let me know ;) tranquila familia, vo'a llevarte pa pr

Spanish progress is gonna be put on hold... Hopefully I'll learn to do a cool carribean accent.
The work with elder Mancía is definitely different (very haphazard and unplanned) and I can't say I'm super sad to switch comps, but the Caguas ward is amazing and I love the members here. They have been so great over the last 6 weeks.
The other day I tried to grab a chick and as I was chasing after it, the hen was doing everything in her power to stop me. It was kinda inspiring, I am significantly larger than a chicken but the hen did everything in her power to save the chicks. For me it was a powerful visualizer of when Jesus Christ lamented "how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!"
Jesus Christ is here to save us from the adversary. I can only imagine how frustrating it was for the hen when one of the chicks ran away from her presence and I snagged him. The baby chicks that stuck with the hen were all safe.
Do not run from Jesus Christ, He is always here to protect us and He works even harder than that poor hen.
Suave por allí,
Élder Smith
Comments
Post a Comment