Never Abandon Your Family

Afternoon,

I've been chillin in St. Croix for almost 3 weeks, it's been reasonably eventful. To everyone currently in the US or any of it's territories, I saw the sun before you last Monday. We went to the eastern most point of the US (point Udall) and watched the sunrise, very cinematic. 

I got to meet some black supremacists (Hebrewic Israelites) this week, they weren't super nice. Sounds like black Jesus isn't going to save me. And they do NOT like when I say Jesus was middle eastern, haha. Rage baited.

Life is pretty good. Driving around this island in our AC-less Rav4, experiencing severe whiplash between the rich east side of the island and very poor west side, and getting some delicious Johnny cakes at the chicken shack.  And of course, lots of working hard. 

The islands have a lot of deep rooted societal problems. I've developed a much stronger testimony of the family as the most important unit. I am so grateful for the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, especially in regards to how important it is to have a man and woman, married, raising kids together. Situations can differ, life isn't perfect, but I am glad to have a clear vision for the future and I hope I can help some people here get outta the generational trauma. 

"The family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children" - The Family: A Proclamation to the World

take care,
Elder Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yikes

We Major

Junya