April 27th, 2026 "Feelin better than I ever felt before today" It sufficeth me to say: I'm staying in Guayama and my new comp is super cool and a breath of fresh air He is both a super good and spiritual missionary, while also being relatable and fun to be around. And hes like 6'4 so I'm basically hanging out with a less-country version of a-a-ron (shout outs) So excited for this transfer. The ward really is special and now that I'm not with someone set on avoiding member meals (for whatever reason), we can actually build relationships with the members and unite our faith together Luis, the joven I mentioned a few weeks ago, got baptized this sunday!! He is bien chevere and he doesn't know it yet but he'll be a great missionary. And his mom was there and bawled her eyes out the whole time, we're gonna get her next, promise. She's so sweet, everytime we come over she says "Luis! Los mormónis!" Something about being called "m...
Another transfer has come and gone, but for this one I won't be staying in Guayama. Honestly, I'm a sucker for a toxic relationship and kinda miss that place. Come back, Guayama, we can work through this The good news is Caguas is going to be just as toxic. My second night, I had a gun pulled on me! Well, maybe not pulled on me, but just "brandished" in my direction. Very quickly declared my missionary purpose (I am here to help you get closer to Christ, NOT vice versa, if you catch my drift), and he wasn't even interested. Tranquillo, tigre! July 20th, 2026 Saying goodbye was hard, I spent the last 4 months in Guayama and met some pretty cool people. I did have the privelege of being invited to Mario's birthday party on my last day, we got to sing happy birthday and his mom even got him a cake. It was a very exclusive party, just us missionaries, him, and his mom, were invited. And they got me a Borricua hat, so it's official now. I'm in a trio now....
April 20th, 2026 Ayyy,¿qué paso papi? Happy twentieth day of April, I hope today is just like any other day and holds zero significance for you. This week was pretty solid, I got to do an exchange up in Juncos with Elder Guzmán, and since he's Guatemalan and doesn't have a license, I got emergency driving privleges! So, after no driving for about 3 months, I dove into the deep end and drove through a mountainous rainforest full of Borricua drivers at night with torrential downpour and the Tabernacle Choir blasting in our 2026 Camry. I'm still learning spanish and Guzmán is still learning english, so a slight laguage gap existed and conversation was a bit sparse. After 15 minutes of silence, I ran over a frog and he just said "Adios Coqui". I've never felt more comp unity. Then the next night I ran over a cat (genuinely felt terrible but the cat shouldn't have jumped under my wheel if he didn't wanna get run over) and that was the most I saw Elder Guzmá...
Comments
Post a Comment